Friday, March 6, 2020

March Already?

I really need to get into the habit of posting more often than I do.  Trouble is, the only times I think about it is when I need to rage post.  And well, those posts I tend to delete before they ever see the light of day.
Anyway, life is slowly starting to get back to normal.  Or, rather, what constitutes our new normal.  I'm still not used to not having Troy around.  Even though it's been over two months, I find myself reaching to text him or thinking about something I want to tell or show him when I get home.  Some days, my heart jumps when I get home and see his car in the garage, wondering why he beat me home.  

It's tough, but I'll get there.  

The next big thing is the first time I come home and his car isn't in the garage.  That might give me a minor heart attack, despite the fact Maddie's now driving his car.  Yeah, she passed her driver's test this past Friday and is finally legal.  Which is great because she's graduating in a few months and will be heading to UNLV in the fall.  

Sunny needs to see the vet, she's got mites or something going on with her ears.  The stuff I bought at the pet store helped Violet and Nayla, but not Sunny, so it's time to take a trip.  On the upside, she's eating, attacking Violet, and acting as normal as a cat can, so I'm not worried about her.  

Violet's going to be a year old next week.  It seems like we only just got her sometimes and yet, we've had her since May.  She's still a brat, but I think that's cats in general.  Nayla is a crankypants, but she'll be 8 this year, so I get it.  Living with an almost 1-year-old and an almost 2-year-old must be tough on her sometimes.  

I'm ahead on my Goodreads challenge so far this year, which is a miracle.  I failed hardcore on last year's.  Hahaha.  Also, I'm getting a lot more movies watched than ever before.  After we lost Troy, the girls and I started watching movies in the evenings to kind of help distract us.  Now, on the nights that Taylor's not working, she'll find something to watch and we'll eat dinner and see a movie.  When she's working, Maddie eats in her room and I read, but she'll come talk to me when she's done, so it's not like she's isolating herself either.  We all need a little me time, right?

I think that's about it for now.  Or, at least, all I want to dump on you at the moment.  Hope that all is well in your world. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sending you hugs (if you want them). Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete