Sunday, September 8, 2019

I try not to judge

But sometimes people make it difficult.

I get having financial issues, my husband was once unemployed for three years.  I get wanting to treat yourself, it's often the only way to survive the tough times.  

What I don't get though is posting to Facebook about how you're so broke you can't pay all your bills.  And, because you're so broke, you can't take any time off to go buy necessities.  And then, you post a picture of the new fan gear you purchased.  

Er, officially licensed merch is expensive.  Even buying a UNLV t-shirt at Target is going to cost you $25 at the cheapest (I've looked... I'm a UNLV mom so I want one, okay?).  So... are ya broke or are ya not?  

Okay, end petty rant, but I had to get it out.  

To quote Dean Winchester: Demons I get.  People are crazy. 

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about my daughter, lol. I'm not entirely joking. Wants are not needs. And yes, I've been there. I have empathy and sympathy for people who are struggling, and not everyone is struggling through their own doing. I get that. But sometimes, it's of their own doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. And with our kids, we at least know it's a learning curve. They've never had to choose between paying bills and going to the movies. But grown ass adults with their own kids? You'd think they'd have a better grasp on this. LOL

      This particular person's struggling isn't their doing for the most part, but they're certainly not helping themselves either.

      Delete